FISCHER CUP SERIES
2014-2015 FISCHER CUP SERIES
Thanks to Dan Hill of Fischer & Swix for his continued generous sponsorship of this event!
Congratulations to last year’s 2014 Fischer Cup winners Kara LaPoint, Holly Whitney, and Janelle Webb and Patrick Johnson, Spencer Eusden, and Peter Holmes.
|2014-2015 FISCHER CUP RACES|
|December 21, 2014||Snowshoe Thompson Classic||Auburn Ski Club|
|December 28, 2014||Village Cup Nordic Race||Royal Gorge Cross Country|
|January 19, 2015||Sierra Skogsloppet||Tahoe Donner Cross Country|
|January 25, 2015||Alpenglow Freestyle||Tahoe Cross Country|
|February 1, 2015||Tahoe Rim Tour (Classic)||Tahoe Cross Country|
|March 1, 2015||The Great Ski Race||Tahoe XC to Truckee|
|March 15, 2015||California Gold Rush||Royal Gorge Cross Country|
The Fischer Cup is the PREMIER Nordic race series in the Far West Division, offering prizes for the fastest overall skiers; $300 CASH prize first place overall, LOWA FOOTWEAR (up to $220 retail value) for second place and JANSPORT SKI PACK ($149 retail value) for third. There are no age classes. Skiers must have a Far West Nordic Racing Membership to be eligible for the Cup.
RULES FOR 2014-2015:
- The first place finisher in each division gets 30 points, second place gets 29 down to 1 point for 30th place.
- You MUST participate in at least ONE CLASSIC race to be eligible.
- Only the CLASSIC division for the Tahoe Rim Tour is eligible for points.
- Participants are allowed to “drop” their TWO lowest race scores of any eligible race, but must include at least 1 Classic race in their final totals.
- Juniors are allowed to participate and score in the Fischer Cup, but will be ineligible for any prizes, due to amateur-status concerns.
- WAVE START RULES: Women who choose to race in the MEN’S wave of any race with wave starts by gender will score the points calculated by her placement in the MEN’S Wave, but those points are applicable to her overall series score. (For example, if a woman chooses to race against the Men by starting in the Men’s Wave, and comes in 10th place in that Wave, she would receive 21 points as her score.) At the end of the season, per USSA guidelines, all men’s scores will be totaled in the men’s division and all women’s scores will be totaled in the women’s division.
- Prizes will be awarded after the final race, the California Gold Rush.
TieBreakers: If two or more individuals are tied at the end of the series, tiebreakers are performed in this order:
#1: The person with the most races completed wins the tie
#2: The person with the most head-to-head wins against the competitor wins the tie
#3: The person with the highest point total BEFORE dropping the minimum race wins the tie.