JUNIOR CAMPS & TRIPS
WINTER 2014-2015 TRIPS
West Yellowstone, Montana
November 22 – 30, 2014
This is one of the premier events of the Nordic season, and the Far West Nordic Camp is always one of the highlights of everyone’s year. The coaching, camaraderie, and skiing is always fantastic.
The trip cost will include all transportation, lodging, food, coaching, wax and support, race entries, trail passes.
Lodging: will be in a series of 2 and 3 bedroom condo’s at the Worldmark in West Yellowstone. In good conditions, you should be able to ski from there to the trails, and everyone will be housed in the same building or close to it. We are trying to make sure we have beds for everyone (we may have to double up in a king-size bed or two, but otherwise everyone should have a spot). It should be very comfortable by West standards.
Food: The incomparable Johannes has once again agreed to feed your hungry souls. If you’re not sure about the quality, ask someone (such as Dingo) who was there last year.
Coaching: Will include luminaries such as Martin Benes, Caitlin Bernstein, Gustavo Johnson, August Teague, and Charlie Fereday. You won’t find a better group of clinicians in the country to help you transition to snow. And you’ll be training with the entire Far West Nordic Junior Team, many of them veterans of multiple Junior National Competitions. It doesn’t get any better than this.
SIGNUPS FOR WEST YELLOWSTONE ARE NOW CLOSED. Contact Kelly Mcelravey with any questions regarding payment for the trip.
To Sign Up for our Camps On-Line, CLICK HERE to go to our CAMP SIGN-UP PAGE. Checks are preferred for all payments. If you paying by check, please submit a form and mail your check to FWNSEA, PO Box 10046, Truckee, CA 96162
All camps are run through Far West Nordic. Participants need to be Far West Nordic members. FWNSEA will strive to have both male and female coaches/chaperones on all camps and trips, when practical.
SIGNUPS MUST BE MADE NO LATER THAN ONE WEEK PRIOR TO CAMP DEPARTURE. (Unless otherwise noted in camp information)
WAIVERS NEEDED FOR 2014 Download the Medical Release, Waiver & Release Form, and Code of Conduct forms.
CAMP REFUND POLICY:
90% REFUND IF CANCELLATION PRIOR TO ONE WEEK BEFORE CAMP BEGINS
50% REFUND IF CANCELLATION AFTER ONE WEEK BEFORE CAMP.
(If the spot can be filled from our waiting list, then the 90% Refund will take effect)
CAMP CANCELLATION POLICY:
Far West Nordic reserves the right to cancel any trip or camp if we do not have a minimum number of participants. If Far West cancels, individuals will have the option of a refund net of nonrefundable expenses and a minimum of $50 administrative fee by Far West by check or a credit towards another Far West program.
Far West Nordic Camps are limited. YOU MUST BE A FAR WEST NORDIC MEMBER TO ATTEND! Sign-up as soon as possible. SIGNUPS MUST BE MADE NO LATER THAN ONE WEEK PRIOR TO CAMP DATES, unless otherwise stated!
Cost includes all applicable food, coaches and camping/lodging fees. Go to our CAMP SIGNUP PAGE or download the CAMP APPLICATION (when available) and send in your money A.S.A.P.!
FWNSEA will strive to have both male and female coaches/chaperones on all camps and trips, when practical.
If you want to go to a camp follow these steps:
1) Convince your parents that you must attend. You can use the following reasons:
- The camps are INEXPENSIVE.
- They are high quality – the best coaches in the country run them.
- You will learn how to train during the offseason to build your endurance and strength as well as refine your technique.
- You will build your confidence. You will be training with the best junior skiers in the West.
- You will meet other athletes your age that are interested in cross country skiing.
- You will learn responsible behavior, like doing the dishes, taking out the garbage, etc.
- You will have a lot of fun.
2) Go to our CAMP SIGN-UP PAGE and fill in all the fields.
• Either pay on-line or mail the Registration Form, Releases and Payment to: FWNSEA | P.O. Box 10046 Truckee, CA 96162.
3) Print a copy of the 3-Page Medical Release, Waiver & Release Form, and Code of Conduct Acrobat pdf file and fill them in. Make sure you fill in ALL the blanks. Mail these forms to the address above.