We are cross country skiing enthusiasts and we want to attract more people into this phenomenal sport!
If you like to bicycle, hike, paddle, skate, run, or just be active outdoors having fun with friends, you’ll love cross country skiing.
Far West Nordic:
- Supports XC skiing programs and events for all ages and abilities in California, Nevada, and Arizona
- Encourages skiers of all abilities and ages to enter XC skiing competitive events. Far West Nordic Programs
Many of us involved in this sport are convinced it “keeps us young,” and we are inspired by our masters skiers that are still actively competing well into their 70s and beyond. Far West Nordic programs serve:
- Juniors (under age 20)
- Seniors (age 20-29)
- Masters (ages 30 and up).
- Our members range from recreational XC skiers to casual racers and elite competitors.
Far West Nordic Programs
Our website has detailed information for the many events and programs in the community provided by Far West Nordic, regional ski areas, regional ski clubs, and other organizations.
- Juniors programs develop expert skiers through local clubs and school programs. The majority of Far West Nordic’s work and budget is focused on supporting, developing, and nurturing our Junior skiers.
- Masters programs inspire on-going participation and help skiers reach their personal goals. Our Masters serve as the “backbone” of the organization, providing significant financial support and volunteer time.
- Seniors programs develop world-class athletes, and help them strive toward their goals, including going for the Olympics.
Led by top-notch XC coaches and leaders in sports performance, programs include events such as dry-land and on-snow clinics for skate and classic technique, race course previews, performance testing, and presentations on conditioning, and pre-race preparation.
Coaching and Instruction
Far West Nordic supports a variety of coach development and training as well as direct financial support. Our coaches are highly trained pros and many have raced and worked at national and international competitions.
About Far West Nordic
Far West Nordic is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation, officially named Far West Nordic Ski Education Association. As a division of the United States Ski Association (USSA), our mission is to promote, develop, and expand XC (Nordic) ski racing within the USSA Far West Region (California, Nevada and Arizona).