Hometown Lexington, Virginia
School: Sugar Bowl Academy
Team: Far West
Age first skied: 11
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Favorite Nordic Athlete: Jeff Schloss
Favorite Off Snow Sport: Basketball
Favorite Athlete in that sport: Ty Lawson
Most Memorable Far West Experience:
Going to Soldier Hollow for the first time this year was a super cool experience for me and I really got to know all these incredible athletes a lot better. Also, my races in SOHO went a lot better than I had expected.
Best Racing Experience:
My best racing experience (even though I was very angry and annoyed at the time) was definetely the Sugar Bowl school race. At the very start of the race (it was a snowy day) I tried to pass someone on the outiside going down a hill and suddenly found myself face down in the powder. By the time I got up I was some where in 30th place to 40th place. So I got up, fought hard to catch up, almost crashed again, and in the end finished the race in top 10. I was extremely proud of this because I felt like I had really tested my limits like I had never done before and had an end result that I was pretty proud of. I could barely walk after that race.
If you could have one superhero power, what would it be?
To make it winter 12 inches above the ground and anywhere above that, it would be summer and in the 80′s. This way I could still ski but it would still be very warm and yet the snow would be awesome! Of course I could only use this power after it had snowed a good amount otherwise, how would I get it to snow?
What is something most people can do that you cannot?
Sleep in, I cannot sleep in past 7:30 if my life depended on it.
Spread The Word!
Junior Nationals Schedule
March 11-16, 2013
Sunday March 10th Opening Ceremonies
Monday March 11th: Freestyle Interval Start Competition (5k /10k)
Tuesday March 12th: Classic Relay Competition (3 x 3k relay)
Thursday, March 14th: Freestyle Sprint Competition (1.25k / 1k)
Saturday March 16th: Classic Mass Start Competition (5k /10k /15k); Closing Ceremony and Awards Banquet
Junior Nationalphotosby MacBeth Graphics
- * Promoting and supporting XC ski clubs, ski venues, coaching, and race development within the Far West Region
- * Attracting new individuals and groups to XC racing
- * Developing junior, senior, and masters athletes* to their full potential through education and world-class coaching
- * Providing financial support to high school junior ski programs and through individual grants and scholarships
- * Selecting junior, senior, and masters regional teams and support members competing at national and international levels
- * Creating lifelong successful athletes at all levels of ability