Far West Nordic 2013 Season Kickoff Party
Sunday, December 8, 2013
5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Guest Speaker: MARCUS NASH and other Tahoe Olympians
2-Time Olympian and 9-Time National Champion
Social hour with cash bar, 3 course dinner with beer and wine,
and “Chance” raffle!
Cost is $55 for Far West Nordic members and $65 for nonmembers.
Group discount for a table of 10 Far West Nordic members $500.
Raffle tickets can be purchased at the door for some great prizes to help you get ready for the ski season! One raffle ticket included with admission.
Read more for menu and raffle prizes.
Chopped Cottonwood Caesar
(Individuals choose one on the night of the event)
Grilled Certified Angus Beef flank steak with a marsala demi-glace, roasted red potatoes and house vegetables
Pine nut crusted Southeast Asian basa with a tomato-dill Beurre blanc, rice, and house vegetables
Linguini with grilled chicken breast, diced tomatoes and a chipotle cream sauce
Butternut squash enchiladas with Ancho chile mole, cilantro and white cheddar cheese, sprinkled with toasted pumpkin seeds
Petite fresh berry crisp with whipped cream
Petite chocolate brownie with whipped cream
“Chance” Raffle prizes
- Blue Mountain Hat by Rivka Designs
- Marble Neck Warmer by Rivka Designs
- Soap, soap dish and loofa – Tahoe Mountain Soap Company
- Tea and t-shirt – Tahoe Teas
- Oakley Goggles
- Swix Ski Bag
- Olive Oils by Carolea
- Lisa’s Luscious Jams and Spreads
- Carmels and Carmel Syrup by Collin’s Caramels
- Kids skis – Rossi classic 150 with NNN bindings
- Margarita pitcher and four matching glasses
- Four 1-day xc ski trail passes at Tamarack
- Notecards by Kath McGaughey
- Renewal Dermatology, Gift Certificate $250.00
- Two lift passes to Sierra-at-Tahoe (good Mon-Fri)
- Andrew Newell, U.S. Olympic Team Polo Shirt
- Heart necklace by Riverside Studios
- Tim Hauserman’s book, Cross Country Skiing in the Sierra Nevadas
- K2 SNBD Snowboard, Coors Logo 22″ Stance and Length 55.9cm