May – December 2012
Event starts 10am by US Bank Mon July 4th. 1 mile gravity fed fun event for all ages & abilities. Run through the crowds waiting for the parade. Fundraiser for Auburn Ski Club Nordic Programs.
For the past 31 years, on the first Saturday of August, hundreds runners and hikers have made the annual pilgrimage to the top of Squaw Valley to enjoy a great workout with stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the High Sierra.
Starting at the base of Squaw Valley USA (6200’) the course climbs the 3.6 mile mountain run to High Camp (8200’) where awards, raffle, music, light refreshments & beer are provided.
Participants can choose to RUN or take a more leisurely pace and HIKE, or Nordic walk (hike with poles). For the less energetic – let the cable car do the 2000 foot elevation gain & join our knowledgeable guides for the beautiful FLOWER WALK on easy rolling terrain
The Auburn Ski Club will host the 2012 USBA Summer Biathlon National Championships on Donner Summit,California August 23-26 2012. This will be the 25th annual summer biathlon championships, which were first contested in 1988.
They will also host a Novice race (no experience required) on Saturday August 25th after the Sprint Race.
Visit ASC for more information.
Challenge yourselves & your friends to bike up old 40 from the west end of Donner Lake to Sugar Bowl Academy.
Road, Mountain, tandem & single speed categories
Click here to register – or register at Pacos the week before the race.
$25 pre reg Register or $30 Race morning
- Race registration, bib pick & parking at Truckee’s factory stores.
Please note parking is not available at the start at west end Beach use the ride along Donner lake as part of your warm up.
- Pre Reg racers will be randomized & start times will be published at registration
- New Reg will be assigned start times when they register
- Starts will be at 30 Sec intervals starting at 10am
- Your warm up is your ride to the start
- on Donner Pass Rd or
- on The South side of the Lake – the traffic is less there than on the North – there is a paved path all around the Lake now if you go through the State Park on the East End
- Will be at Sugar Bowl Academy
- We will have water jugs to refill your bottles with water or energy drink
- The road will not be closed – So ride smart & be safe !
- Please stay close to the right side of the road & only pass if safe to do so.
- Any rider who crosses the central line will be disqualified
- To minimize impact on the road please wait till all riders are done climbing (11am ?) to bike back down. You can ride along old 40 & around Serene Lakes for a cool down – or even go all the way to Cisco if you wish
Starting and finishing at West End Beach – Donner Lake.
- 9:30am – Walkers start
- 10am – Kids “Mashed potato Mile” race starts.
- 10:30am – 7 mile race starts
Entry fees are kept low at just
- $15 for adults, $10 for 18 & under, $5 for mashed potato mile if you pre register
- $25 for adults, $20 for 18 & under, $10 for mashed potato mile if you wait till race morning.
Well behaved dogs on a leash welcome – no need to buy them a race bib!
Start: Kirkwood XC (meadow)
Distance: 10 km (short course 5 km)
Cost: Pre Reg: $15 (Jrs: free) by 12/1; Late Reg $20 (Jrs: $15)
Fun, Easy 2 lap flat course in rolling meadow