Old Highway 40
Truckee, CA 96161
Challenge yourselves & your friends to bike up old 40 from the west end of Donner Lake to Sugar Bowl Academy.
Road, Mountain, tandem & single speed categories
Click here to register – or register at Pacos the week before the race.
$25 pre reg Register or $30 Race morning
- Race registration, bib pick & parking at Truckee’s factory stores.
Please note parking is not available at the start at west end Beach use the ride along Donner lake as part of your warm up.
- Pre Reg racers will be randomized & start times will be published at registration
- New Reg will be assigned start times when they register
- Starts will be at 30 Sec intervals starting at 10am
- Your warm up is your ride to the start
- on Donner Pass Rd or
- on The South side of the Lake – the traffic is less there than on the North – there is a paved path all around the Lake now if you go through the State Park on the East End
- Will be at Sugar Bowl Academy
- We will have water jugs to refill your bottles with water or energy drink
- The road will not be closed – So ride smart & be safe !
- Please stay close to the right side of the road & only pass if safe to do so.
- Any rider who crosses the central line will be disqualified
- To minimize impact on the road please wait till all riders are done climbing (11am ?) to bike back down. You can ride along old 40 & around Serene Lakes for a cool down – or even go all the way to Cisco if you wish