California Gold Rush
April 16, 2011 at Royal Gorge XC
Gold Rush: 45 km. • Silver Rush: 30 km. • Bronze Rush: 15 km • Junior Rush 3km
NEW EARLIER START TIME: 8 AM
NEW COURSE MAPS
*NEW start time: 8:00am * This is an hour earlier than published to try to catch the best conditions possible in April! (*Please note – organizers do reserve the right to move the start time by up to 1 hour later if they decide conditions would be more optimal for the race as a whole.)
*Race Course:* Due to all this snow & low power lines PG&E may not be allowing us to run our planned course – NEW COURSE MAPS ARE POSTED HERE
*Pick up your bib on Thursday or Friday *- To save time on race morning – Royal Gorge staff will be happy to give you your bib packet – just ask at the ticket counter. Pick up your bib & take advantage of a $15 ticket- see below. Bibs can also be picked up from 7am on race morning at the Gold Rush bar.
*Racers can ski at Royal Gorge for just $15 *- Royal Gorge has the list of racers – give your name & show ID & you can purchase a $15 trail pass (valid on Thursday & Friday prior to the race). Thursdays – *you can ski with your dog at Royal Gorge! *
*Organizers will post any changes (due to weather, evacuations of Serene Lakes (yes as of writing there is a voluntary evacuation order due to propane leaks) ) or other unforeseen circumstances!) on the www.goldrushskirace.com by 5pm the day before the race & will update the Auburn Ski Club’s recorded hotline 530 426 3313 x 4 #0. No updates means we go as planned.
- If you have already registered – there is no need to do anything
- If you already have picked up your bib – hold onto it! – It is your race number assigned for the rescheduled race
- If you wish to change race distance – please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to pick up a new bib number on race day if you change distance
- Bib Switch: If you are unable to race on the reschedule date and would like to pass your bib to someone else, we are happy to allow you to do this for a $5 administration fee. Please submit a bib switch form and a waiver and release form for the new athlete or contact email@example.com
- If racer is not going to be racing and would like a donation letter for tax purposes and the souvenir Gold Rush ski scraper, we would be happy to do so. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
And yes if you weren’t able to race on March 20th – but can on April 16th – you can still sign up!
Volunteers needed – please contact email@example.com
If you are unable to race on the reschedule date – we are sorry that the date we picked does not work for you. The event has a no refund policy (as published on the registration forms) as it is a fundraiser and many of the expenses are incurred before the event.
All proceeds from the race go to the Far West Nordic Ski Education Association and Auburn Ski Club Junior Programs.
Registration: Register online at www.farwestnordic.org (until 9pm Friday April 15th), or download registration forms and mail with entry fee to: Far West Nordic Ski Education Association, PO Box 10046, Truckee, CA 96162. No race day registration.
The Gold Rush is a Masters Challenge, and Sierra Ski Chase event.
Visit www.goldrushskirace.com for more information.