Hometown Truckee, California
School: Sugar Bowl Academy
Team: Far West
Age first skied: 12
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Favorite Nordic Athlete: Kris Freeman
Favorite Off Snow Sport: Rafting/Kayaking
Favorite Athlete in that sport: don’t have one..
Most Memorable Far West Experience:
Junior Nationals last year: the team is so close and so positive that, even though it was my first JN’s, I felt every single person was glad I was there.
Best Racing Experience:
I’ve only really be competitively skiing since last year, so no one race stands out yet. I did really well in the mammoth marathon, and I’m proud of other races, but I don’t have a favorite one yet.
If you could have one superhero power, what would it be?
The ability to read minds.
What is something most people can do that you cannot?
Eat avocado and like it
Spread The Word!
Junior Nationals Schedule
March 3-10, 2012
Soldier Hollow, Midway, Utah
Soldier Hollow was the site of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games for biathlon, cross-country, and nordic combined.
Sat March 3: Opening Ceremonies
Mon March 5: Classic Sprint Competition (1.3k)
Wed March 7: Freestyle Mass Start Competition (5k /10k /15k)
Fri, March 9: Classic Interval Start Competition (5k /10k)
Sat March 10: Freestyle Relay Competition (3 x 1.3k relay); Closing Ceremony and Awards Banquet
- * Promoting and supporting XC ski clubs, ski venues, coaching, and race development within the Far West Region
- * Attracting new individuals and groups to XC racing
- * Developing junior, senior, and masters athletes* to their full potential through education and world-class coaching
- * Providing financial support to high school junior ski programs and through individual grants and scholarships
- * Selecting junior, senior, and masters regional teams and support members competing at national and international levels
- * Creating lifelong successful athletes at all levels of ability