Hometown Mammoth Lakes, CA
School: Sugar Bowl Academy
Team: Far West
Age first skied: 2
Favorite Book: Water for Elephants
Favorite Nordic Athlete: Kikkan Randall
Favorite Off Snow Sport: Running
Favorite Athlete in that sport: Shalane Flanagan
Most Memorable Far West Experience:
The drive from Boston to Presque Isle Maine. Enough said.
Best Racing Experience:
The 10k at Soldier Hollow this January was an awesome experience for me. It was my first competitive 10k and I ended up getting 6th and only being 2 seconds out of 3rd. It was one of those races where everything just clicked; my mind and body were working in perfect sync together.
If you could have one superhero power, what would it be?
What is something most people can do that you cannot?
I can’t whistle.
Spread The Word!
Junior Nationals Schedule
March 3-10, 2012
Soldier Hollow, Midway, Utah
Soldier Hollow was the site of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games for biathlon, cross-country, and nordic combined.
Sat March 3: Opening Ceremonies
Mon March 5: Classic Sprint Competition (1.3k)
Wed March 7: Freestyle Mass Start Competition (5k /10k /15k)
Fri, March 9: Classic Interval Start Competition (5k /10k)
Sat March 10: Freestyle Relay Competition (3 x 1.3k relay); Closing Ceremony and Awards Banquet
- * Promoting and supporting XC ski clubs, ski venues, coaching, and race development within the Far West Region
- * Attracting new individuals and groups to XC racing
- * Developing junior, senior, and masters athletes* to their full potential through education and world-class coaching
- * Providing financial support to high school junior ski programs and through individual grants and scholarships
- * Selecting junior, senior, and masters regional teams and support members competing at national and international levels
- * Creating lifelong successful athletes at all levels of ability