Hometown Tahoe City
School: North Tahoe High School
Age first skied: 1.75
Favorite Book: Power of One
Favorite Nordic Athlete: Andrew Newell
Favorite Off Snow Sport: running
Favorite Athlete in that sport: Steve Prefontaine
Most Memorable Far West Experience:
The giant snowball fight in Presque Isle or da FUNK we bust on long car rides
Best Racing Experience:
The final hill on the sprint course during my first JNs which were held in Truckee; this was my only nationals with my brother and he cheered so loud on that hill into the stadium.
If you could have one superhero power, what would it be?
What is something most people can do that you cannot?
Spread The Word!
Junior Nationals Schedule
March 3-10, 2012
Soldier Hollow, Midway, Utah
Soldier Hollow was the site of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games for biathlon, cross-country, and nordic combined.
Sat March 3: Opening Ceremonies
Mon March 5: Classic Sprint Competition (1.3k)
Wed March 7: Freestyle Mass Start Competition (5k /10k /15k)
Fri, March 9: Classic Interval Start Competition (5k /10k)
Sat March 10: Freestyle Relay Competition (3 x 1.3k relay); Closing Ceremony and Awards Banquet
- * Promoting and supporting XC ski clubs, ski venues, coaching, and race development within the Far West Region
- * Attracting new individuals and groups to XC racing
- * Developing junior, senior, and masters athletes* to their full potential through education and world-class coaching
- * Providing financial support to high school junior ski programs and through individual grants and scholarships
- * Selecting junior, senior, and masters regional teams and support members competing at national and international levels
- * Creating lifelong successful athletes at all levels of ability