Hometown Truckee California
School: Truckee High School
Team: Far West
Age first skied: 5
Favorite Book: A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
Favorite Nordic Athlete: Kris Freeman
Favorite Off Snow Sport: Baseball
Favorite Athlete in that sport: Clayton Kershaw
Most Memorable Far West Experience:
This would have to be going to Junior Nationals last year in Minneapolis Minnesota. The intensity of this sport was off the chart and energy that was around me is almost incomparable. This experience was probably the greatest moment in my life of winter sports!
Best Racing Experience:
This year in Mammoth for a junior national qualifier I placed third. As I came around to the final stretch to the finish in the 10km classic race I felt like throwing up but I still couldn’t keep myself from smiling as I crossed the finish.
If you could have one superhero power, what would it be?
I’d like to have the superpower of flying because I’ve always wanted to be a pilot
What is something most people can do that you cannot?
Well this is an interesting question… I don’t know.
Spread The Word!
Junior Nationals Schedule
March 3-10, 2012
Soldier Hollow, Midway, Utah
Soldier Hollow was the site of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games for biathlon, cross-country, and nordic combined.
Sat March 3: Opening Ceremonies
Mon March 5: Classic Sprint Competition (1.3k)
Wed March 7: Freestyle Mass Start Competition (5k /10k /15k)
Fri, March 9: Classic Interval Start Competition (5k /10k)
Sat March 10: Freestyle Relay Competition (3 x 1.3k relay); Closing Ceremony and Awards Banquet
- * Promoting and supporting XC ski clubs, ski venues, coaching, and race development within the Far West Region
- * Attracting new individuals and groups to XC racing
- * Developing junior, senior, and masters athletes* to their full potential through education and world-class coaching
- * Providing financial support to high school junior ski programs and through individual grants and scholarships
- * Selecting junior, senior, and masters regional teams and support members competing at national and international levels
- * Creating lifelong successful athletes at all levels of ability