FISCHER CUP SERIES
2012-2013 FISCHER CUP SERIES
Thanks to Dan Hill of Fischer & Swix for his continued generous sponsorship of this event!
Congratulations to 2013 Fischer Cup winners Holly Whitney, Julie Young, and Laura Stern and Wyatt Fereday, Gustavo Johnson, and Noah Brautigam.
|2012-2013 FISCHER CUP RACES|
|December 23, 2012||Snowshoe Thompson Classic||Auburn Ski Club|
|January 13, 2013||Alpenglow Freestyle Race||Tahoe Cross Country|
|January 21, 2013||TDXC Skogsloppet||Tahoe Donner Cross Country|
|January 27, 2013||Tahoe Rim Tour (Classic)||North Tahoe High School|
|February 10, 2013||Paco's Valentine's Race||Tahoe Donner Cross Country|
|February 18, 2013||President's Day Freestyle||Auburn Ski Club|
|March 3, 2013||The Great Ski Race||Tahoe Cross Country|
The Fischer Cup is the PREMIER Nordic race series in the Far West Division, offering prizes for the fastest overall skiers; $300 CASH prize first place overall, LOWA FOOTWEAR (up to $220 retail value) for second place and JANSPORT SKI PACK ($149 retail value) for third. There are no age classes. Skiers must have a Far West Nordic Racing Membership to be eligible for the Cup.
RULES FOR 2012-2013:
- The first place finisher in each division gets 30 points, second place gets 29 down to 1 point for 30th place.
- You MUST participate in at least ONE CLASSIC race to be eligible.
- Only the CLASSIC division for the Tahoe Rim Tour is eligible for points.
- Participants are allowed to "drop" their TWO lowest race scores of any eligible race, but must include at least 1 Classic race in their final totals.
- Juniors are allowed to participate and score in the Fischer Cup, but will be ineligible for any prizes, due to amateur-status concerns.
- WAVE START RULES: Women who choose to race in the MEN'S wave of any race with wave starts by gender will score the points calculated by her placement in the MEN'S Wave, but those points are applicable to her overall series score. (For example, if a woman chooses to race against the Men by starting in the Men's Wave, and comes in 10th place in that Wave, she would receive 21 points as her score.) At the end of the season, per USSA guidelines, all men's scores will be totaled in the men's division and all women's scores will be totaled in the women's division.
TieBreakers: If two or more individuals are tied at the end of the series, tiebreakers are performed in this order:
#1: The person with the most races completed wins the tie
#2: The person with the most head-to-head wins against the competitor wins the tie
#3: The person with the highest point total BEFORE dropping the minimum race wins the tie.