December 6th, 2014
Truckee Community Recreation Center
The 29th annual Far West Nordic Auction/Raffle Party will be held on Saturday, December 6th at the Truckee Community Recreation Center. This is the “CAN’T MISS” EVENT of the season. This is Far West Nordic’s largest fundraiser for its Junior Nordic Programs. Please plan on attending and bidding on some of our great prizes. Check for updates on our AUCTION PAGE. Tickets will be available at the door, or you can purchase entry tickets ONLINE.
And we need VOLUNTEERS for this, Far West Nordic’s most important fundraiser! Please CLICK HERE to sign up to help out before or during the event.
Far West Nordic Members: We are now registered with the Amazon Smile Foundation! By using their website link, Far West Nordic will receive ½% of the purchase price of the product as a donation. This is an awesome way to donate to our organization at NO cost to you. When you use AmazonSmile, you find the same prices, a huge selection, and Amazon donates a portion of the purchase price to us. It’s a win-win for everyone.
If you have questions about the program, Click Here.
SIGN UP TODAY!!!!
Far West Nordic celebrated it’s second annual KICK–OFF Dinner on Sunday, November 16 to a packed house at Cottonwood Restaurant in Truckee. From the early social hour, with music and entertainment by a select group of Junior Nordic athletes, to speeches from athletes and coaches, an incredible dinner from Mike Blide’s Cottonwood chefs, and a rousing speech and multi-media show from World Champion DARON RAHLVES, it was the perfect way to bring in the new season!
You can check out a few photos on our Facebook Page. Congratulations to Sarah Clement, winner of the raffle for the limited edition print of Daron by Grant Barta.
The 2014 Donner Lake Turkey Trot was held in beautiful, chilly conditions on November 15, 2014. With a record number of pre-registrants, it was guaranteed to be a great fundraiser for the Auburn Ski Club Junior Nordic Program.
The Women’s winner was none other than Far West Nordic Elite Team member Anja Gruber, with a time of 46:02. The male division was won by 15 year old Anthony Ocegueda of Sparks, Nevada, with a blazing time of 40:48.
CLICK HERE for full results.
CLICK HERE for a full photo gallery from MacBeth Graphics.
Do you need to earn more Far West Bucks for this year’s trips, races and camps? Amazon.com has a great program that can help you earn hundreds of dollars in Far West Bucks. Basically, you head out to the Amazon distribution center in Fernley for one or more of our 8 hour shifts and wrap holiday packages. Amazon gives Far West 90 cents for each package that you wrap and 90% of your earnings go into your Far West account. The other 10% will benefit Far West.
You must be 18 to participate. You will be working out on the factory floor for two, 4 hour shifts with a lunch break in between, standing at a work counter and wearing ear protection. For initial shifts, expect to wrap 20-25 packages an hour, but with experience it is possible to wrap 40 packages per hour and earn $200/shift. You can work as an individual, or get together a group to all work toward the same Far West account. We usually carpool out there to save the cost of gas and have more fun together. Sign up soon as spaces are limited.
These are our shifts for this year:
- Sunday November 30th 7:30-5pm
- Monday December 1 7:30-5pm
- Sunday December 14 7:30-5pm
- Monday December 15 7:30-5pm
- Tuesday December 16 7:30-5pm
- Wednesday December 17 7:30-5pm
- Thursday December 18 7:30-5pm
- Friday December 19 7:30-5pm
For more info contact: Karen Sessler, email@example.com
Far West Nordic is pleased to announce that selections are now open for the 2014-2015 Far West Nordic Academic Team. Starting in 2012, Far West Nordic began recognizing high school students in Far West Nordic who have been high achieving not only on the snow, but also in the classroom. We know all of you Far West Nordic juniors spend so many hours training, but we want to be sure you are recognized for your academic achievements as well.
Far West Nordic’s own Kelly Mcelravey has an entry into the People’s Choice Award from Truckee River Winery. TRW (owned by a former Far West Nordic Board Member, by the way) has unveiled all seven barrels for Cask as Canvas, and now its time to vote for your favorite!
To vote for People’s Choice award please go to: https://www.facebook.com/TruckeeRiverWine.
Saturday, November 1, 2014.
Auburn Ski Club Training Center.
Open to all interested skiers, racers, volunteers, organizers, and parents.